Instructor Bill Fulton covers a wide range of areas in this very comprehensive and updated course. With almost 3 hours of detailed information, technicians will have new respect for the diagnostic power of their scan tools. This course includes live on-car demonstrations, plus lots of case studies from a variety of makes and models.
- Identify scan tool data packets & describe what each one can contribute to a diagnostic path
- Describe the 10 Global Modes of scan tools and what information each mode provides.
- Perform wide range 02 sensor testing (demonstrated with case studies on Ford, Nissan, Honda, & Toyota)
- Describe Lambda Fuel Trims & Fuel Ratios
- Identify Ignition Issues & Intermittent Misfires
- Perform Mass Air Flow Sensor Diagnostics & Perform MAF Replacement
- Identify Variable Cam Timing Data (at idle & during test drive)
- Identify P0 Codes related to MAF & Fuel Trim/P0440 Code (Electronic Throttle Control data, EVAP & Purge Test, Fuel Trim, Power Break Condition test)
Run time: 168 minutes