Whether you are a new mechanic or working to become a master tech,
The Network's Mentor program will help improve your diagnostic skills and take you to the next level.
Can’t find good techs? Make the ones you already have better. Get your technicians up to speed.
6 Week Sessions:
- Online Assessment
- 6 Online Group Sessions (2 hours each)
- Post Test
- Certificates of Session Completion
An ASE Master Certified instructor will help enhance your skills over a wide range of industry topics.
Technician Training Program
Purpose: To Improve technician diagnostic problem-solving skills and technical aptitude.
6 Week Session: $300 Per Technician
This course will consist of Six (6) weekly zoom meetings with our registered attendees. These weekly meetings will be held on Zoom where participants can interact and ask questions as they gain knowledge and skills in automotive electrical troubleshooting.
- Understand general automotive electrical and electronic systems and how to diagnose them
- Categorized vehicle battery and starting system construction, and how to diagnose and repair them
- Explain automotive charging systems, how they operate, and proper diagnostic and repair procedures
- Summarize vehicular lighting systems and understand common issues that can arise with their operation
- State the construct of vehicle instrument clusters and driver information systems, and understand the techniques to diagnose and repair them
- Discuss vehicle body electrical systems and proper repair procedures
- Paraphrase the tools, meters, and scopes required to perform electrical system diagnostics
- Outline electrical system parasitic draw and the diagnostic procedures to follow
- Generalize voltage drops in electrical circuits
- Illustrate knowledge of wiring schematics and how to interpret them
- Recall the operation of advanced starting and charging systems
- Define vehicular high voltage systems and the special challenges they present to the automotive technician
- Explain automotive telematic systems
Meet Your Mentors:
Request a Session:
John Forro has achieved A.S.E. Master certified automobile technician with L-1 Advanced Engine Performance certification as well. John has also achieved certifications in heavy truck and body repair throughout his career. John has authored 20 Automotive manuals to date, produced several automotive training videos, appeared in many of the industry trade magazines and won the Motor Top 20 tool award for Silver Bullets. John has been featured in several AVI training films on such subjects as Silver Bullets, Quick Check Diagnostics and Mode $06.
Tom has achieved ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Performance certification, is a master trainer for the Ohio EPA Emissions Program, and holds various OEM and industry supplier certifications. Tom's Clients have included Ford Motor Company, General Motors Corporation, Snap-On Tools, Ohio EPA, American Automobile Association, Cuyahoga County, Cargill Salt, and Cuyahoga Community College. He has also served as a field technician servicing both automotive and heavy-duty trucks.
Future Session Topics:
STEERING & SUSPENSION
HEATING & A/C
HYBRID / ELECTRIC VEHICLES